This cake is made for little Myra. She turns 4 on the 25th of September. We went to celebrate her birthday at Secret Recipe and bought her a slice of cake but she keeps on bugging for a pretty girly cake. Today is my 17th anniversary, so I decided to make a small birthday cake for her. Was busy this few days, at last I bake two of 8 inches cake and coloured them with pink and red, also strawberry filling in between since she just loved to eat strawberries. It was already Saturday, so, by hook or by crook, I have to make it ready by today.. so this is how it turns out. Decorate it just for an hour. I think if I take a longer and my own sweet time, this cake will be nicer looking.. hehe...
Korean Sesame Mochi Bread
Hi... I ni suka sangat makan benda-benda yang liat liut ni, kuih apa jer kalau liat-liat memang dapat diterima tekak, termasuklah mochi bread ni. Kalau kat KL dulu, selalu sangat makan mochi ball yang terdapat kat 7eleven tu. Yang jenis tu ada inti didalamnya. Yang ni tak ada. I was intruduced this bread by the owner of Consfood kat Sabah ni.. mula-mula makan kosong, lepas tu dia letak buttercream, hmmm.. memang mengancam. Duk menonton TV, sambil mengunyah roti liat ni memang tak payah cari junk food. Cuma, resepi ni dia menggunakan tepung roti mochi ni. Tengah nak cari alternative lain, menggunakan tepung pulut ke... atau ada campuran lain. Tengah tunggu my neighbour cari buku resepi dia yang tertinggal kat Korea... Anyway, let me share the resepi here.. Makan masa panas-panas memang sedap, luar dia crispy and dalam dia chewy..
365gm Korean mochi bread flour
7gm Milk powder
40gm Black sesame seed
64gm Butter soft (not melted)
6gm Light soya sauce
116gm Chilled water
- Place allngredients ito mixing bowl
- Use beater or hook to blend for 1 minute at low speed till it get smooth dough (scrape mixing bowl occasionally)
- Then blend at medium speed for another 3 minutes
- Coat your hand with oil and divide dough into 60gm each and mould it into round shape and place on greased baking tray
- Proof for 10 minutes
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at top heat 200C and bottom heat 150C, or if normal home oven, 180C
Assalamualaikum dan Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri to all. Today, dihari baik bulan baik ni, I would like to share with all the recipe for cake pops. Children love this. Its simple and easy to make but expensive to get, so, why not you guys out there try to make it yourself at home. But before that, kepada yang ada anak tu, dah siapkan baju anak-anak untuk pergi sekolah esok?? Hehe... ke masih ada yang nak sambung cuti?? :-) Actually, I pun baru siapkan separuh jer.. masih banyak yang belum gosok. Tapi tak apa, anak-anak dah pandai menggosok.. mama boleh duk diam-diam dekat sini and share dengan semua orang the recipe.
Ingredients for the cake
150gm Self-raising flour and add 2 tbsp coca powder
110gm Dark Cooking Chocolate
30gm Icing sugar
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting
20gm Icing sugar sift together with 40gm cocoa powder
30gm/3tbsp Hot Water
150gm Dark Cooking Chocolate
80gm Double Cream
1. Sift self-raising flour and sugar into a large bowl
2. Melt butter and dark cooking over a double boiler
3. Add in eggs and stir in sifted dry ingredients. Stir gently until combine
4. Bake in an 8" slab pan at 190 C for 25 minutes
5. For the frosting, melt icing sugar and cocoa powder in hot water
6. Add in other ingredients and melt over a double boiler
7. Finely, crumble cake and add in frosting. Roll into 20gms balls.
8. Melt extra dark Chocolate or candy melts
9. Poke the chocolate balls with candy stick and freeze it for one hour or overnight in the chiller. Before you poke it, dip the end of the candy stick in melted cooking chocolate or candy melts.
10. Dip the cake pops in melted dark chocolate or candy melts and decorate with chopped nuts or any other coloured sprinkles.
That it. Senangkan? Apa lagi, jadikan satu lagi menu masa buat open house nanti ye. Esok, I share macam mana nak buat Cheese Cake Pops pulak ye. Nak ke??